Experts you can trust
Ketogenic Life is a medical clinic with staff who understand, practice and promote the benefits of a low carbohydrate (LCHF) and ketogenic diet.
We are a part of a medical practice established by Dr Ian Johnson and Cathy Williams over 20 years ago. We have a wholistic, individual approach to the care we provide and pride ourselves on establishing long term relationships with our patients.
Take charge and change things
Rather than feeling powerless you can take charge and change things with our guidance and support. We understand that you will have tried to improve your diet and lose weight perhaps many times without success and often ending up heavier than before.
We can offer an alternative with the accredited 12 week X-PERT Weight Program which gives you enough knowledge to follow a well formulated low carb or ketogenic diet and Ultra Lite which is a supervised weight loss program. Medical consultations are available by appointment to establish your metabolic health.
What we offer
Ultra Lite Weight Loss Program
Get structured support with the Ultra Lite weight loss program
X-PERT Weight Program
12 weeks x 90 minute group sessions, conducted in a group setting including:
- Goal setting and review
- Weight, measurements & check in
- In-depth topic covered each week
- Web app to track your progress and
- a 200-page Resource Folder containing nutrition and health information, support tools, tips, practical suggestions, recipes and food diary templates.
Metabolic screening and related medical services
What is a low carbohydrate diet?
A daily dietary intake of approximately 50 grams of carbohydrate daily. Since excess protein is converted to carbohydrates, protein intake should be moderate.
What is Ketogenic?
Further restriction of carbohydrate leading to body fat being used as an energy source.
Why a low carbohydrate diet?
Why weight loss?
Why Ultra Lite?
What is Metabolic Screening?
We take into account your family history, personal medical history, physical measurements including height and weight.
We order metabolic blood markers, tests that provide information about the current status of your metabolism, including the health of your kidneys and liver, electrolyte and acid/base balance as well as levels of blood lipids (cholesterol etc), glucose, insulin and blood proteins as well as inflammatory markers.
You will be given a request for optional (but recommended) total body composition scan. This gives a baseline measurement of body fat and it’s distribution, muscle and bone measurements. This is an inexpensive low dose radiation investigation that is available from most radiology clinics and can be repeated from time to time to objectively monitor progress.
Why is it helpful?
Metabolic screening can establish a need, for example we can identify pre-diabetes, a fatty liver and other common metabolic disorders.
We can establish potential barriers to weight loss.
Screening can be used to monitor response to changes in diet, repeating these tests after completion of your program.
Discover the benefits
A change in the way you eat
- Less dependance on carbohydrates
- Eat less processed food
- Eat more “real food”
- Eat sustainably
A change in the way you see your food
- Learn enough to continue at the end of your program
- Choose food that will make you well not sick
Educating your peers and family
- Coping with day to day situations
- Protecting the future health of your children
- Collegiate atmosphere
Take control of your hunger
- Help to control insulin levels
- Feeling satisfied with your food
Using food to control your health
- An understanding of your metabolism
- Taking control of your blood sugars
- Understanding fats, the good and the bad
Taking charge of your healthy future
- The earlier you start the better the long term benefits but it’s never too late
- Some diseases are reversible
Choosing food to live longer in a healthy state
- Ageing well
- Reducing medication
- Improvement in blood pressure and cardiovascular risk
Choosing food to minimise risk of disease and illness
- Reduction in the dependance on sugar
- An alternative metabolic state
Reducing your risk of inherited illness
- A low carb environment is conducive to less inflammatory and degenerative diseases